Working with CVBs was at the top of the list of topics discussed at a lively session at the Connect Marketplace conference in Orlando, Aug. 22. Here are comments from the discussion, which centered on the services planners want from CVBs.
- Clients first. “CVBs need to move away from partnership-based models to better serve the needs of their clients, rather than local hotels.”
- Eliminate paper. “No more generic meeting planning guides. We are interested in specific guides, like a special culinary publication.”
- Make it personal. “The less paper they have, the more they will need to have a conversation with us.”
- Make connections. “They could help us partner with local companies to build our events and reputation.”
- Customize. “More hands-on service.”
- Do the homework. “Be familiar with planners’ requirements.”
- Go deeper. “Don’t just give us a list of venues. Tell us about the local culture and places that have excited other visitors.”
Read “Snowballs in Orlando” from the November/December 2014 issue to learn how the interactive session was organized.