The long-anticipated GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico in Mobile, Alabama, is finally open, and it’s pretty spectacular. Take a look at five ways groups meeting in Mobile in 2016 can explore GulfQuest.
1) Hear from locals. Gulf Coast residents provide the narration for “The Gulf Coast: A Place Like No Other” film, shown in its 80-seat theater.
2) Catch a view. Vessels, from tugboats to cargo ships, passing down the Mobile River can be seen from the observation decks.
3) Be meteorologists. Track global weather patterns and Gulf of Mexico hurricanes in the “Ocean Planet” exhibit.
4) Float your boat. Groups of up to 20 at a time can virtually navigate around the Port of Mobile, Mobile Bay and Tombigbee River in the “Take the Helm” boat pilot simulator.
5) Dine alfresco. The only restaurant on the Mobile River, The Galley serves local standouts like foot-long shrimp po’boys.